Senior Visual Designer, Design Systems
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
Design the products that power global trade
Are you excited about making a difference in the world? Do you believe that aesthetic and beauty are equally important to the user experience in designing digital products? Come join our design system team at Flexport and support our full product space!
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. Flexport’s design system, Latitude, is an evolving system that serves a group of over 500 designers, product managers, and engineers.
As a Sr. Visual Designer on the Design Systems team, you will focus on unifying and evolving the visual language across our web and mobile products. One of your main and key areas of contribution will focus on the visual style of our system components. Iconography, graphic elements, color palettes, data visualization, spatial components, micro animations and component styling and more. In pursuing this mission, you’ll empower teams throughout Flexport while developing the look, style, and feel of our products.
- As a team member in our design system, you will own and drive the visual / interaction design, and development of the styling of our foundational components and patterns
- Collaborate across design and engineering to align teams and educate on our system’s best practices
- Work with product designers to define and evolve scalable components
- Define accompanying design guidelines which articulate user needs/scenarios
- Build and foster design system culture across our organization. We care deeply about our designer and developer experiences.
- Present work in a range of fidelities
- Provide mentorship to more junior designers
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries of UI and Visual quality
You should have:
- 5+ years professional hands-on graphic /visual design experience
- Strong portfolio (please include a link and password to your portfolio)
- Experience working on a leading/mature design system
- Ability to clearly articulate your work and rationale
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction, Graphic Design, or related fields is preferred
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
- You understand the core features in Figma, relative to design systems
- You have experience with Illustrator and/or photoshop
- You have experience with prototyping (in Figma or w/ HTML/CSS)
- Illustration and/or animation experience
- You have experience working with REACT framework
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote