Global Data Services Operations Manager
Exciting Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Data Services Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
As a Global Data Services Operations Manager, you’ll be leading our Operations Coordinators, Team Leads and BPO Partners. The Data Services team provides an optimized and streamlined administrative processes to support our internal Supply Chain Operations Team.
What you'll do:
- Build a strong Data Services Operation that delivers quality and on-time performance while meeting productivity targets.
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team; including hiring, training, culture creation and people development.
- Partner closely with the Program Management team to operationalize new Data Services scope, and run pilot programs that expand Data Services’ scope and enable process automation.
- Facilitate team meetings, training sessions and 1-on-1 cadences on a weekly basis.
- Develop metrics and regularly measure KPIs against results.
- Build framework and tools to facilitate standardized operational execution and deliver consistent output.
- Analyze performance metrics and develop initiatives to drive continuous improvement
- Build systems that surface quality defects, assess root causes to build and execute corrective actions plans.
- Engage with internal Supply Chain Operations stakeholders to seek feedback, optimize operational processes and ensure ongoing alignment.
- Architect, document and optimize operational processes across a wide range of administrative processes involving various platforms, decision-points and operational interdependencies.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of work experience.
- Experience leading people; particularly in operationally-heavy environments.
- Self-starter mentality, with the desire to tackle complex operational challenges.
- Ability to create innovative strategies to drive performance.
- A passion for people management, and the ability to effectively coach employees to achieve results.
- Willingness to occasionally work across multiple timezones in order to support global needs.
- Experience developing KPIs and developing corrective actions plans based on key operational conditions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively partner with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Experience working with BPO service vendors to manage outsourced administrative processes is a bonus.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote