Senior Finance Manager - Shipment Operations
Partner with the Business To Drive Financial Transparency & Drive Flexport Grow!
The Shipment Operations Finance leader, and team, will play a strategic business partnership role to accelerate growth while inventing digital financial processes to enable scale. You will work side-by-side with our business leaders to identify and deliver creative opportunities and solutions to grow a multi-billion dollar technology company. The Senior Finance Manager role will function as a key member of the finance team and be responsible for providing decision support to senior management through ad hoc analysis, financial reviews, analysis and metrics. You will be responsible for identifying, monitoring and delivering companywide strategic initiatives. Come join a team that will “Make global trade easy for everyone.”
- Support business leaders on budgeting/forecasting, performance management, financial reporting, headcount management, reviews of key financial metrics, strategic decision making, business reviews, compensation, and ad hoc analysis of financial and operational metrics.
- Be an expert at building financial models and manipulating data to better understand the complex relationships in our business and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various business actions. Recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business, rather than any single KPI.
- Partner with leaders across the business to understand and evaluate key business drivers for sales and product investments.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analysis to support strategic planning as needed
- Assist senior leadership around the company to identify strategic initiatives and coordinate projects to address these opportunities / risks.
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams.
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in fields like business strategy / analytics, business operations, business partnering, monetization, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills with proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of ownership of assigned tasks and independent initiative, where appropriate, to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Technical Expertise, Adaptive Insights and NetSuite a plus
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote