Client Solutions Associate - PLS LATAM
Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
Client Solutions Associate - LATAM
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
As a result of our global expansion and the network effects that we are seeing with our partners globally we are hiring a (Sr.) Client Solutions Associate to support our new Partner Led Sales initiative, which is making global trade easier for our partners and their local clients. This role will work in a cross-functional environment between Flexport’s freight forwarding partners, their clients, as well as internal teams to help establish a new way for Flexport to grow exponentially all around the world! This role has the potential to bring extensive impact to the organization by establishing processes and initiatives that are scalable across numerous geographies.
The right person for this role will be a proactive, creative, and true problem-solver. You will be one of the founding members of this initiative on the partners team and have the ability to shape it and scale the initiative out globally. Due to the nature of the role you will also have substantial senior leadership visibility and be asked to go above and beyond what you would do in a regular CS role. If this sounds like something that excites you, then we want to hear from you as we will be looking for someone ASAP!
- Collaborate with our partners to win more of their book of business to drive success for our pilot.
- Help our partners manage their book of business on Flexport technology, and unlock additional growth by delivering top-notch client services on PLS shipments
- Understand and document our partner’s success criteria as well as those of their client’s and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP). As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria and SOP.
- Respond to partner escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle partner/client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- Keep a close pulse on our partner’s financial health as it relates to PLS, reporting on the partner’s financials and ensuring they maintain consistent payment schedules.
- Use your deep knowledge of our partners, their clients and local markets to identify, quote, and close new incidental business opportunities.
- Ensure shipment metrics consistently meet partner/client expectations.
- Use your deep knowledge of the client’s business to develop materials for regular business reviews with minimal guidance and build relationships at all levels of the partner’s organizations (leadership, sales, operations, pricing).
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
- Help sell the Flexport brand to create excitement and willing exclusivity within partner organizations
- Help drive product adoption with partner/client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to partners; continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for their teams as it relates to PLS shipments.
- Help drive Flexport’s PLS product vision to help unlock partner autonomy for Partner Led Sales including localization requirements for assigned markets.
- Collaborate with the partner country manager/associate, supply chain operations partners, other internal teams, and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle.
- Step in to fill gaps in process or implement improved processes as needed.
- Leverage the network to create more commercial opportunities through our partners as it relates to PLS
You should have:
- 2-4 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales/account management or a client facing role
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Strong ability to build relationships with local partners in the diverse cultural context of LATAM;
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portugues skills & professional experience required
- An Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Previous work experience in or related to the LATAM region (prefered);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, cross-collaborative, and organizational skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels;
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of (cross)selling a product
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote