Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform and we are using modern software with one mission: Making global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With 18 offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet. Our Technology platform handles over $10B worth of merchandise between 112 countries per year.
In Amsterdam at the Vijzelstraat office, We are building an infrastructure team and are therefore looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team!
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team that focuses on improving developer pipelines and integrating changes more frequently. The team is responsible for our delivery pipeline infrastructure. We develop the CI/CD paved path, which makes service integration and deployment easier. Developers can use this infrastructure to own and integrate their services. The team defines and supports various deployment models (Blue-Green, Canary, Rolling) as well as release orchestration and automation gates (image scanning, dependency checks, testing, production readiness, SDLC best practices and policies). Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We have begun deploying services to the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) and want to continue helping our developers use this infrastructure to own and integrate their services.
WHY you’ll want it
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, and automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, and deliver their services as quickly and easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify and resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8S.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira
WHAT excites us
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines and creating reproducible builds from development to production.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
- Experience with K8S and CI/CD tools, including the benefits and challenges.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote