IT Engineer - SaaS
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport is looking Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Senior Technical Support Engineers, you are responsible for administering SaaS & Client platform technologies. You have expertise in SaaS administration including GSuite, O365, SSO, AD, etc, as well as Client Platforms including Mac, Windows. You are passionate about solving problems and helping internal customers. You like to continuously look for ways to improve all aspects of IT processes by looking for ways to automate & deploy innovative repeatable processes.
- Partner with IT, Security, and Engineering teams to support, deploy, and maintain secure system infrastructure, SaaS ecosystem & Client Platforms aligned to internal standards and industry best practices
- Perform administration activities across our environments including servers, end user client devices and SaaS applications such as GSuite, O365, Okta, Slack, Bluejeans, WSO, etc.
- Serve as the primary escalation channel for support-related technical issues
- Develop, refine and support end user device management with a structured process around patching, testing and deploying upgrades.
- Proactively monitor SaaS applications & infrastructure, aggressively communicate and help troubleshoot any issues as appropriate
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation
- Coordinate activities with cross-functional stakeholders to plan scheduled maintenance or updates
- Develop and maintain clear and thorough technical documentation as it pertains to operating procedures, change management, inventories, etc.
- Perform other tasks as requested and prioritized by the TechOps Manager
You should have:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 5-8+ years of system engineering experience in a fast-paced global environment
- 2+ years of experience and expert level knowledge in maintaining Linux systems and open-source services
- 2+ years of experience with administration of collaboration & communication technologies such as GSuite, O365, Slack etc
- 2+ years of experience administering SSO, AD as well as Client Platforms such as Mac, Windows etc
- Basic understanding of networking technologies
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with a diverse, and globally distributed team
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote