Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Build the programs to help Flexport grow.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our technology teams do their jobs better. We focus on Flexport’s internally developed, user-facing services and other production systems to ensure that they run smoothly and that we can quickly resolve disruptions.
Locations: San Francisco, Bellevue, Chicago, or Remote
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using tools
- Actively involved in building continuous deployment pipelines.
- Capability to understand the current state of the CI/CD pipelines, review and recommend the improvements considering the future state of the infrastructure
- Establish and maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, and performance across our production environments.
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product and engineering teams to influence velocity and service reliability.
- Lead the incident management program and build a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Improve upon change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly and accurately detect problems, and ensure safe roll-back and recovery.
- Partner with development teams to improve testing and release procedures.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of SRE/DevOps experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 5+ years of experience with developer tools including source code management, CI/CD pipelines, and configuration automation with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc).
- 3+ expertise with developer/devops tooling including source code/artifacts management, CI and CD pipelines, and configuration automation with Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with building microservices and deploying to Kubernetes or any container orchestration mechanism.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux server and container-based infrastructure.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS. Experience with Azure and GCP is a plus.
- 3+ years experience with commercial or open-source infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Kubernetes, relational and non-relational databases, and Windows server infrastructure is a plus.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote