Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
We are reinventing global trade.
The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing and we are looking to add an engineer to help build our infrastructure. Our infrastructure includes streaming, messaging, search, data API layer, data orchestration, data integrations, and transactional databases. We are ready to push limits with our next-generation data infrastructure. You will own and deliver engineering projects with high quality to solve open-ended problems.
This team is responsible for the technologies and data infrastructure to store and access data at scale. The solutions are technology-centric and free of Flexport business logic. These data services are provided by either AWS, an open-source community, third-party vendors, or created by the team if necessary. Engineering teams can utilize and access using data ci/cd pipelines, which help to ensure correct usage. These services are generic enough to be used by any company with similar security, stability, scalability, and cost requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Craft the data architecture, and own the data landscape, for a major domain in the world of logistics that powers global trade
- Work across teams to identify and solve pain points in our data architecture
- Work closely with data partners and users to distill complex data problems into elegant technical solutions
- Build self-service capabilities to manage the data ingestion patterns
- Build Kafka producer/consumer SDKs using preferred languages
- Build infrastructure to support various workloads (Kafka, Snowpipe, data ingestion, Query / API layer (Snowflake))
- Design and develop disaster recovery plans to ensure data integrity
- You play a significant role in the career development of others, actively mentoring and educating the data community on trends, technologies, and best practices
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of hand-on experience building and operating large scale data infrastructure
- Experience in building and deploying distributed streaming services like Kafka, Spark streaming etc.
- Experience in designing, building, and deploying cloud-based data services.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem. Have a solid understanding of the benefits and challenges of its services.
- Experience in designing end-to-end data pipelines for application and analytics use cases.
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Strong coding skills in Java, Python, Scala, Go, Kotlin or other programming languages related to our data stack.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote