Head of Air Freight - Americas
Air freight is the fastest growing product at Flexport and we’re looking to further build out our team with an experienced leader to spearhead future growth. The Head of Air Freight Americas will lead a team of Trade Lane Managers regionally located throughout the Americas region and partner with our sales organization on designing scalable solutions and pricing strategies to fuel growth. In addition to driving business development, this role will also lead procurement efforts for US Export working closely with carriers and other suppliers to design a world class export product.
- Own air growth in the Americas by leading a team of regional Trade Lane Managers and Pricing Analysts to drive business development throughout the region.
- Administer overall pricing strategy for all fixed and spot business, tracking metrics such as conversion and take rate.
- Design scalable air freight solutions to support unique verticals and segments, working closely with the Global Air team on tech requirements and enablement.
- Develop a US Export procurement strategy by negotiating contracts, fixed allocations and potentially BSA’s, monitoring utilization of capacity.
- Administer quality management with US Export carriers driving on-time performance and milestone timeliness.
- Own take rate by managing air freight cost and pricing inputs. You are empowered to drive yields by leveraging the right carriers, routings and consolidation strategies.
- Be the executive-level POC for all North American airline relationships. You will be the face of Flexport Air in the Americas region and represent us at industry events and conferences.
- Provide commercial support to our largest global accounts, acting as an executive sponsor
- Partner with our sales organization on global, strategic RFQ’s by providing pricing strategy and commercial support. Work directly with decision makers to help close our largest air deals.
You should have:
- Greater than 10 years of previous leadership experience in Freight Forwarding managing a procurement team, and/or ownership of air freight P&L
- Innovative thinker and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Extensive experience working with airlines in the Americas region with access to airline senior management
- Strong analytical background and mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc…)
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Highly adaptable to change
- Very structured with high level of energy
- Able to be both a strategic thinker but also willing to roll up your sleeves and get highly tactical if necessary
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco