We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will architect, develop, deploy and manage systems that power Flexport. You will provide world-class consulting to the various teams that we support, as you collaborate with them and our peers to create systems and infrastructure in the cloud.
The Cloud Infrastructure team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a Cloud Engineer with a demonstrated track record of building large-scale, highly available infrastructure using automation and software development principles. Must be proficient in cloud architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Designing, deploying and managing infrastructure/services on AWS, Azure and GCP
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Implementing availability, scalability, and performance plans
- Providing guidance and education to other teams on new cloud-based initiatives and cloud competencies
- Troubleshooting incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems and implement preventive measures
What you’ll need:
- Automation in cloud environments with Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker, Kubernetes
- Comfortable scripting in several languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Familiarity with managing workloads across multiple hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with cloud networking - network connectivity, protocols, load balancing, and related technologies
- Experience with instrumentation for monitoring and logging the health and availability of services
- Expertise of Operating System internals and storage appliance internals
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineers working out of our locations in Bellevue, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Atlanta.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
Culture & Values
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco