Senior Software Engineer, FinTech
Help us build the future of lending and trade finance
Flexport Capital provides companies quick access to working capital financing without complex fee structures, onerous documentation or multi-month diligence processes common in lending. Since inception, Flexport Capital has facilitated over $1 billion in inventory purchases for over 250 clients in North America and Europe, and we’re on a mission to provide accessible financing for the $25 billion of goods that Flexport moves each year. We’re seeking a talented candidate to join our team and build embedded fintech products serving Flexport’s brands. As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, utilizing the latest technologies to develop and build innovative solutions for trade finance. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a company that is not only pushing the boundaries of the logistics industry, but also shaping the future of inventory lending and international payment flows. Join us now and be a part of a fast-growing team that is disrupting banking for global trade.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on designing, building, and maintaining our embedded lending platform. You will collaborate with an experienced and passionate cross functional team to bring innovative features and functionality to market and drive our platform to new heights.
- Take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision
- Design, develop, and maintain our lending platform using the latest technologies and programming languages
- Ensure our platform is performant, scalable, secure and compliant with industry regulations to keep our customer's data safe and accurate
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends and advancements in the fintech field to keep our platform at the forefront of innovation
- Lead and mentor junior software engineers to help them grow and develop their skills
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure the quality and maintainability of the codebase
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, preferably with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience building and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems using AWS technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for technology and the fintech industry
- At Flexport, we are constantly pushing boundaries and thinking big. If you are a creative problem-solver, passionate about technology, and want to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Join us and be a part of a team that is revolutionizing the trade finance industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
More About Flexport