Manager, Business Technology Support
Flexport’s Business Technology team is looking for a passionate, results oriented Support Manager with a strong technical background in Salesforce, MuleSoft and related enterprise applications. As a Manager for Business Technology Support, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality support services and leading a team that maintains the technology stack and business-critical integrations across all Flexport Business Units (BUs).
- Lead a technical team of administrators and engineers who are responsible for ongoing maintenance, support and operation of Salesforce, MuleSoft and related SaaS platforms
- Relentlessly drive mean time to response and resolution down - ensuring continuous improvement in the customer experience
- Ensure the stability and availability of the systems, and deliver high-quality support services to internal business users
- Manage system upgrades, rollouts and implementations, documenting best practices, developing policies and ensuring they are followed
- Work alongside the team to define code review, design and implementation standards to ensure we build for efficiency, scale, compliance and maintainability
- Work closely with the Plan and Build teams within Business Technology to ensure that the systems meet the requirements of the business, and that changes and enhancements are delivered in a timely and effective manner
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement new processes and procedures for support delivery
- Develop and manage support metrics, and provide regular reports and updates to stakeholders on the performance of the systems and the support team
- Identify trends and patterns in support data, and develop and implement strategies to address issues and improve performance
- Ensure your team members have the necessary skills and training to effectively support the systems, and provide coaching and mentorship to help them develop their skills and advance their careers
You Should Have:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in Salesforce or MuleSoft (certification a plus)
- 3+ years managing technical support teams
- Strong understanding of Salesforce and MuleSoft best practices and design patterns, and ability to identify technical debt caused by deviations from these standards
- Proven ability to manage and develop technical teams, and to build a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis to identify the underlying causes of incidents and issues, and in developing and implementing strategies to prevent recurrence
- Familiarity with Salesforce DevOps practices and tools for release and change management
- Experience in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban, with a strong understanding of agile principles and practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functionally
- Experience and a passion for being hands-on with the administration of various business systems and platforms
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport