Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for an experienced and driven VP, Marketing to join our growing team. Marketing at Flexport is a highly collaborative role. You’ll partner closely with teams and leaders in Sales, Brand and Product. Armed with a passion for finding unique and innovative ways to market products and acquire customers, you’ll bring together an incredible team of marketers to create marketing activities that drive Flexport revenue, growth and brand value.
Reporting to the President - Chief Commercial Officer, you’ll drive customer research and intelligence to ensure that we are reaching our customers where they are, developing products they want, and getting them to do business with us. The teams reporting to this leader include: Performance Marketing, Product Marketing, Events Marketing, Internal/External Comms, Content & Creative, and Web Development.
- Global Standards & Practices: Establish and reinforce global marketing standards and practices across existing and new markets
- Global Marketing Strategy: Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies to drive demand, acquire and retain customers across multiple channels
- Customer Intelligence: Direct market and customer research collection, analysis and interpretation of data to guide marketing strategies and campaigns
- Integrated Marketing: Work closely with Brand and Sales - across all regions - to develop an integrated GTM plan that supports our customer and commercialization lifecycle
- Revenue Generation: Explore and test new means of revenue generation - ways to market our products and services
- Website Strategy & Leadership: Own strategic prioritization for web developer team on Flexport's public facing website, with focus of organic lead generation and user-centered design
- Product Education: Work closely with Client Enablement and Brand to promote products and services through knowledge sharing, product education, and industry insights
- Team Leadership: Inspire, develop and manage a team of innovative marketing professionals
- 12-15+ years of (leadership) experience in B2B marketing, demand generation and/or growth in technology
- Proven track record driving customer growth and revenue for the company
- A high comfort level with fast-paced, disruptive and high growth environments
- Proven team development, management and leadership skills, including the ability to drive consensus among executive stakeholders and translate that into action
- Experience managing marketing budget and expenditures in a cost-conscious way and proving ROI in a complex industry with long sales cycles
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport