Senior Manager, Sales - Canada
We are reinventing global trade.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth-minded Senior Manager, Sales with a proven track record of success to lead our Toronto based Sales Team. As our Senior Manager of Sales, you will coach and develop our Global Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives. You will staff and lead the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, customer profile, customer adoption and customer satisfaction as measured by NPS. You will be responsible for developing multiple employees for rotation and promotion in this fast growing company. You will report into our General Manager of Toronto and work closely with our Executive Team.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong sales teams that consistently meet and exceed quota;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and leading;
- Develop specific and targeted goals and quotas to expand and accelerate revenue opportunities;
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Adopt and continually refine effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience scaling and managing a client-facing team in a fast-paced environment;
- Previous experience as a top-performing sales executive;
- Proven track record of team quota-attainment;
- Proven leadership skills, people management skills;
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term;
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport