Software Engineer, Infrastructure
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
The Core Infrastructure team is expanding and we are looking for devops and infrastructure engineers to join and help build the next generation of infrastructure for Flexport!
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain a fleet of AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) clusters across production and development environments.
- Support our developers running applications on Kubernetes by utilizing Cloud Native technologies.
- Leverage Infrastructure as Code patterns for infrastructure deployments and management.
- Utilize security best practices for all designed infrastructure.
- Deliver cloud infrastructure strategies that align with business objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containers and the AWS ecosystem
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies like Kubernetes and Helm.
- Familiarity with infrastructure provisioning using Infrastructure-as-Code based solutions such as Terraform.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
If you are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about building and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure, we encourage you to apply.
Culture & Values
Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport