Operations Specialist - Part Time
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
The role of part-time Supply Chain Operations Specialist is a unique opportunity to combine your studies with gaining work experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. In this exciting role you will explore the ins and outs of Supply Chain Operations, become a crucial part of the team and contribute to our mission to make global trade easy for everyone!
This role is designed to facilitate the movement of Air and Ocean shipments for both import and export. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customer shipments are executed according to plan, on time and within budget. You will also get a chance to impact processes and be part of process change and innovations.
As a supply chain operator, you are executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions/delays are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day operations with internal and external partners such as Air, LCL, warehousing and Network Operations team.
- Provide timely updates of milestones and delays, participate in data clearance activities and ad hoc projects/initiatives.
- You will help implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve and deliver great performance in your role, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness.
What you will need:
- Ba/Bs studies (can be in progress)
- Communicating with structure
- Managing time and commitments
- Owning your environment, tools and materials
- Eager and hungry to learn with problem solving mentality
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Flexibility to get the job done when needed.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.