Senior Ocean Gateway Associate, Vietnam
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
The Senior Ocean Gateway Associate plays a critical role in Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport today connects over 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our forwarding partners, ocean carriers, trucking providers but also different teams across the company to achieve our common objectives.
- Help to build operational performance framework, process and tools to measure our Ocean Partner performance across Vietnam market.
- Use Flexport allocation tools to actively route cargo to ocean carrier contracts with the optimal cost, transit time, and allocation availability
- Drive performance management of Flexport’s freight forwarding, customs partners, and Ocean carriers leveraging global performance metrics, targets, dashboards, and reporting to drive quality and consistency of operations.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to partners; continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for both the Flexport operations team and partners.
- Identify partner training needs and design and execute training programs to drive operational quality
- Define and refine operational performance and product adoption metrics that meet our company’s business needs through alignment with Flexport Account Management, Global Operations, Operational Excellence and Partners
- Prepare presentations and analysis for monthly and quarterly partner review process
- Create enablement resources to ensure our internal teams are able to easily ship in and out of managed territories.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 3-5+ years of professional logistics, supply chain, projects, programs or consulting experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills
- Language requirements: Vietnamese (native) + English (strong)
- Strong commercial and business acumen, the ability to bring a deeper level of analysis, insights and inform strategy
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Prior experience managing programs and initiatives from end to end
- Ability to identify win-win commercial and operational opportunities
- Ability to create data-driven insights that inform decisions and process improvements
- Strong ability to build relationships globally, managing different stakeholders and the ability to influence others
- Analytical skills and next-level attention to detail, while still maintaining a macro perspective
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.