Flexport’s Security team is seeking a Software Security Architect to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As a Software Security Architect, you develop and help to drive the adoption of software security strategy, security architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across Flexport software products and services. You are a person that builds strong relationships with Flexport’s technical teams and ensures the security strategy is aligned with the overall team and business' objectives and strategy. If you are someone who is innovative and enjoys maintaining a deep level of expertise in software security and enjoys providing to thought leadership both internally and externally, in this area, then this is a great role for you.
- Drive overall software security architecture, working closely with product specific technical architecture experts
- Help product teams understand the impact of security issues from their customers’ perspectives
- Provide training to staff, contractors, development, and quality assurance teams, and product/software security champions related to product security.
- Evaluate new projects and changes in design for security implications, and work with design teams to mitigate and resolve based on value/impact/effort balance
- Provide technical leadership in planning, development, and execution of software security efforts
- Design and build prototype security solutions, including security specific test cases
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review, and design of the software, including technical review and analysis of source code with a security perspective. Will include reviews of in-house developed code, as well as review of technologies provided by third party vendors
- Conduct ongoing security analysis of our architecture and designs, facilitate and perform various security tests and reviews of our code, products, services and infrastructure
- Help build secure products and standards around emerging technologies and using existing standards and security practices
- Coordinate 3rd party penetration testing and bug bounty program
- Establish enterprise secure code modules, scripts or other methods to ensure uniformed secure coding practices by development teams
- Guide our software development teams through the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) by participating in design reviews, threat modeling, and in-depth security penetration testing of code and systems. These responsibilities extend to providing input on application design, secure coding practices, log forensics, log design, and application code security
- Serve as a leader by promoting security awareness, mentoring other team members, and staying up-to-date on security trends related to threats, vulnerabilities and OWASP best practices
You should have:
- Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of software security
- Deep understanding of static and runtime detection of security vulnerabilities
- Ability to tackle large scale security architecture problems
- Experience threat modeling software applications
- Experience working with large distributed applications on heterogeneous platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Possess strong organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team while working with many people in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company
- You are able to communicate effectively
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.