Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance will set the strategic direction for forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities. He/she will develop linkages with key strategic business initiatives to closely align planning with financial results. Importantly, this person will provide the analytical framework to support future growth initiatives. The next evolution of the role is to foster a culture of transparency and accountability for driving profitable growth, and ensure that finance is seen as a value-added business partner. He/she will be a thought leader and have the potential to ascend to more senior roles within the organization.
- Quickly grasp Flexport’s market dynamics, key partners and competitors to serve as strategic advisor to the CFO and executive leadership team.
- Build an IPO-ready finance team.
- Leverage a sophisticated FP&A infrastructure to translate company specific and external industry data into key strategic insights that drive forward-thinking business decisions.
- Continually evaluate global systems and support structures for their capability to facilitate transparency and "best in class" business and financial planning processes.
- Drive continuous improvement of a cohesive global finance function to produce innovation in reporting, planning and analysis and improve speed to market.
- Ensure alignment with Company’s global financial reporting needs.
- Integrate new ideas as you lead long-range financial planning and rolling forecast processes.
- Manage and participate in the analysis and interpretation of operating results, preparation of executive reports, review of financing activities, and analysis of financial effects of various contemplated actions.
- Provide clear and impactful insight from Flexport’s operating results.
- Develop policies, procedures and communication protocol to ensure the overall accuracy and consistency of reporting and financial analysis processes.
- Work in conjunction with Strategy and Business Development teams on strategic corporate matters, business development initiatives and special projects.
You should have:
- 15+ years of progressive professional experience demonstrating increasing responsibility, scope, and leadership across multiple functions (FP&A, accounting/controls, business unit operations, treasury, tax, investor relations, corporate development, etc.)
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience leading corporate efforts or, at larger organizations, serving as a “second-in-command” to enhance support capabilities (predictive modeling, analytics, etc.).
- High growth experience in a hyper growth, operationally complex business within the technology sector; IPO experience strongly preferred
- International experience working in global organizations, managing and building geographically dispersed teams is preferred. Familiarity with international tax, currency, and treasury operations preferred.
- Strong Professional and Educational Pedigree Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or quantitative field required. Master’s degree, CFA, and/or CPA preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation.