Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Senior Manager, Network Development to join our growing Asia Partners Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Build deep business relationships with existing and new freight and customs partners across Asia
- Sell the Flexport brand to create brand recognition, excitement and willing exclusivity
- Selectively source new partners to close (coverage / capability) gaps in our current partner network in Asia
- Screen & vet potential partners for fit with Flexport values and requirements
- Drive partner-led expansion of Flexport capabilities and scale
- Explore and launch business growth opportunities with partners and experiment to drive continued Flexport business growth
- Develop new commercial partnership models that align incentives and drive win/win outcomes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of next gen partner software, including localization requirements for assigned markets
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 8-12 years of professional logistics, supply chain, projects, programs or consulting experience in Asia, of which at least 2+ years in China; MBA is a plus
- Exceptional network within the Greater China / Asia freight forwarding and customs community;
- Proven ability to creatively scope and launch new business initiatives;
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- Strong ability to build relationships with clients and partners;
- Solid negotiation skills and ability to influence without authority;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels; fluent Mandarin is a must;
- Execute end to end with world class follow through;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach;
- Ability to travel locally and nationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Location: Shanghai, Shenzhen, or Hong Kong