Creating insights to revolutionize an industry
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll conduct analyses that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade.
- Flexport is a company that runs on data - you'll be transforming data into action by working cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport
- Meet with business stakeholders, understand business requirements, and use your analytic mindset to implement solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards. Our mantra is to make sure everyone is working smarter rather than just harder
- Develop high resolution visualizations of data to generate business impact.
- Sample projects may include:
- Building lineage graphics for Data Cataloging tools to explore the flexport data ecosystem
- Consulting on Flexport’s client portal to upgrade our mapping and trade tracking dashboards
- high resolution benchmarking tools to be used in business qbrs
- Waterfall visualizations to be used in Sales and Recruiting Reports
- Maintain or update small SQL pipelines written in DBT
- Implement metric calculations with an eye towards accuracy and maintainability
- Write new web apps to build new data capabilities within flexport
- Write or maintain new custom visualizations for the Looker platform to be used by other members of the team
- Serve as the company’s visualization expert, and build tool to increase the quality of visualizations for both internal and external partners.
You should have:
- Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Engineering, or another quantitative discipline
- 1+ years of experience programming in Visx, D3, Highcharts, or Vega visualizations library
- 1+ years of experience programming with python or similar scripting language for data manipulation
- 1+ years of experience using SQL in a professional environment
- A keen eye for aesthetics and pixel perfect visualization
- Ideally experience working within JIRA, Looker, Snowflake, and DBT
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.