We are looking to hire a Program Manager to join our Global Business Operations and Excellence team in North America. The team’s mission is to empower Flexport to achieve comprehensive business plans and systematically improve our unit economics. In this role you will tackle challenging business problems with a focus on enhancing systems, improving processes, and developing tools to help with Flexport’s mission of making global trade easier. You will be responsible for digitizing and delivering Flexports services, manage the launch of new pricing initiatives and drive continuous improvement for pricing tools and processes. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across many groups including Procurement, Engineering & Product, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Collaborate with global procurement teams (across all Flexport services) and finance teams to develop requirements to enhance our Marketplace and Financial platform systems
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams on the development of Flexport’s Marketplace strategy and roadmap, designing workflows, and testing and rollout.
- Develop and refine business processes for our costs and our prices and establish effective ownership frameworks
- Project manage the launch of key initiatives including adoption of new product enhancements, and process changes
- Develop metrics aligned with business objectives and work with the data analytics team to establish measurement plans and create dashboards to monitor KPIs
- Utilize tools and dashboards to analyze data, generate insights, and drive actions to improve performance on KPIs including data quality, coverage, efficiency, and other commercial objectives
- Install feedback loops to identify opportunities for improvement and lead continuous improvement efforts with business and technology teams
You should have:
- 7+ years experience in business operations, analytics, consulting, or operations roles.
- Innate curiosity to dive deep into ambiguous problems and really understand root causes and key drivers
- Ability to develop frameworks to structure problems, think in data systems and simplify the complex.
- Proficiency in analysis of large datasets to distill, visualize, and communicate insights. SQL fluency preferred
- Strong stakeholder management skills, managing project timelines and deliverables effectively.
Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present quantitative concepts
- Experience with financial systems is a plus
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience in logistics, transportation, retail, or manufacturing industry is preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.