Operational Excellence is central to Flexport’s success - driving alignment across our business, creating new operational standards and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for an Industrial Engineer with this mission. You will be the champion to implement business strategies via leading and managing operational projects across multiple function teams within their business unit.
- The primary goal is to help operational leaders solve problems and/or design processes that are efficient and effective and improve costs, quality, safety or revenue.
- Responsible for the successful management and deployment of Process Improvement projects, coaching, guiding, leading teams through Process Improvement Management and maintaining projected improvements in operational metrics
- Leads and drives continuous improvement while using available system enhancements.
- Works directly with Line of Business/stakeholders to identify and help resolve operational issues, assist in solving problems or forming decisions needing technical expertise or specialized knowledge.
- Manages assigned projects by developing, coordinating and controlling the steps necessary to carry out a project within established time frame, quality and requirements.
- Analyze metrics and KPIs needs and technology to provide input into the design of a new system, system enhancements, or process improvement.
- Obtains and evaluates and clearly defines business needs by assessing and documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential business solutions, while using Process Improvement required templates.
- As necessary prepares, maintains and evaluates written material and explanations that accompany systems, programs, and program changes for those assigned projects.
- Develop project plan and drive cross-functional team tasks to ensure each project completes on-time, within agreed constraints of resources, scope, quality and risks
- Measure and monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking and communicating status, identifying and tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk and drive issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments on behalf of the team or negotiating with stakeholders when the project scope changes.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external team communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information about the project/change.
- Effectively provide updates to stakeholders of key issues that may impact project completion, budget or other results
- The Process Engineer will support senior leaders by identifying opportunities for improvement, organize resources, select and implement the appropriate improvement methodology and ensure projects are conducted successfully.
You should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 5+ years of working experience in consulting, business operation or project management, preferably in the logistic or software development industry
- Knowledge and experience in supply chain management is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and knowledge of sound Process Improvement methodologies
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
- Data driven, strong analytical and logical sense
- Strong attention to detail and proficient problem solving skills.
- Willing to embrace and drive changes
- PMP, Six Sigma, Lean knowledge is preferred
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.