Sales Manager(Account Executive) - Taipei
Sales Manager (AE)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
As a Sales Manager, your goal is to drive growth by closing new business while building and expanding a diversified portfolio of clients. You'll have autonomy in achieving growth goals with continued guidance and coaching to ramp and have long-term success.
If you enjoy diversity in your day-to-day role, this is the perfect opportunity for you as no two days are the same! Examples of activities you might find yourself doing with include: leading a discovery call with a prospect to uncover information about their supply chain processes, discussing an onboarding strategy with a fellow Flexporter across our offices, meeting with a prospective client to set up a trial project, or sharing your best practices with the broader sales team in a peer learning session.
- Identify and lead local sales by driving branding client and eCommerce industrial client initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their logistics and supply chain needs through a solutions-based selling approach.
- Be able to create value-driven solutions built on deep research and a full understanding of the client's end to end, order to cash cycle. These solutions will encompass various Flexport products and services.
- Co-work and coordinate with Client Solutions Team, TLM teams, SCO teams on landing the implementation and SOP
- Teamwork with a squad in partnership with a Client Solutions Manager to drive client success and revenue generation
- Provide insightful market knowledge and industry dynamics
- Identify opportunities for account growth by having a thorough understanding of Flexport’s diversified, and growing product line while retaining and expanding revenue within the book of business.
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to hunt for opportunities, source pipeline, and develop account plans.
You should have:
- 8 years of relevant experience in sales / marketing / commercial functions in logistics, freight forwarding, import/ export and /or international trading industries. Knowledge of e-commerce markets is a plus
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and will thrive in unstructured and multi-stakeholder settings to deliver results.
- A strong grasp of real world supply chain concepts including direct knowledge of how industrial and product supply chains work.
- Proven track records in relationship management, and project/program/process management skills.
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery and demo meeting and run a structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills.
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group internally and externally.
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly.
- Strong command of English and local language.
- Courage to challenge the internal and external status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote