Senior Compensation Data Analyst
The Incentive Compensation Administration Team (ICAT) Data Analyst will be a key member of the commercial organization, and will ensure that Flexport’s incentive data is accurate and precise, by owning compensation reporting, automating the synthesis of different data sources, and tweaking our data models to make them smarter and more efficient. This position will be a SME of Flexport’s incentive data, and will leverage this expertise to drive proactive commercial decision making at the highest levels of the organization.
Flexport is focused on identifying opportunities to strategically grow our network across geographies and modes (e.g. air, ocean), while developing long term client relationships. This role will be critical in ensuring that we are motivating our sellers to strategically pursue opportunities that fit into Flexport’s long term mission, while driving towards corporate financial objectives. He/she will be a thought leader, and will interface with leaders across many areas of the business.
- Become an SME of all incentive compensation related data and processes
- Build, maintain, and enhance our compensation data models, leveraging data from multiple sources (Core, Salesforce, Finance data sources) to ensure accuracy, and to react to evolving business priorities
- Build, and improve upon, a suite of incentive compensation performance reporting leveraging Looker, or other data visualization tools
- Partner closely with our technical teams, to troubleshoot solutions for upstream data integrity issues
- Build strong relationships with compensation planning stakeholders, and advise on the feasibility of various plan components, using an analytical lens
- Conduct proactive analyses to inform commercial leaders of opportunities and risks across our global businesses
- Be a strong problem solver, and project manage technical workstreams from start to completion
- Develop a strong understanding of Flexport’s business, and guide business leaders in framing and executing complex ad-hoc analyses, through a technical lens
- Proactively identify deficiencies in our current data feeds, obtain leadership buy-in, and mobilize cross functional teams to close gaps
- Support any ad hoc queries as they arise
You should have:
- B.S. / B.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or related technical field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in Data Analytics, FP&A or related field
- Strong SQL skills required
- Strong experience with data visualization tools including Tableau, Looker, Power BI required
- Experience with Data Modeling/Data Warehousing prefered
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote