Business Development Executive, Insurance
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for an Insurance Business Development Associate to strengthen our client cargo insurance sales program. They will be responsible for assisting Business Development managers with renewal processes, client management, and book of business analysis. We're looking for someone who can streamline processes for our clients, vendors, and partners globally - all while making our teams more efficient by driving standardization and efficiencies within the sales team. They will have a key role in executing cross functional strategic projects related to growth strategy and sales operations.
What you’ll do:
- Execute onboarding and offboarding processing in order to drive efficiencies for clients and Business Development managers.
- Support sales and client solutions teams to cross-sell Flexport Insurance products to existing Flexport customers and new insurance led customers.
- You will be responsible for leading initiatives relating to the sales process and answer questions from the organization
- You will liaise with client, internal, and external teams to gather information necessary to retain, place, and maintain insurance deals.
- Focus on retention/upsell efforts for existing book of business. Core responsibility is retention of active clients along with upselling new and additional products to existing clients.
- Manage all internal enablement meetings. Review accounts, schedule meetings with internal stakeholders to review active books of business that do not leverage Flexport insurance. Identify good prospect account, present research to BDM to review and present to internal squads/stakeholders
You should have:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success or Insurance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexports value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- A mastery of email communication.
- Execute outbound sourcing and prospecting initiatives through multiple channels (social and professional networks, third party databases, email, cold calls, text, news, etc.) in order to drive deal flow for Business Development Managers.
- Support Sales and Client Solutions teams to cross-sell Flexport Insurance products to existing Flexport customers
- Rapidly learn and pitch Flexport Insurance products and value propositions
Where you’ll work:
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote