Site Reliability Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Site Reliability Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Build the programs to help Flexport grow.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our engineering and IT teams do their jobs better.
What you’ll do:
- Write lots of code to enhance the reliability of Ruby on Rails and Java-based services in our production ecosystem.
- Establish and maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, and performance across our production environments.
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product and engineering to influence velocity and service reliability.
- Drive the incident management program and build a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Improve upon change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly and accurately detect problems, and ensure safe roll-back and recovery.
- Partner with development teams to improve testing and release procedures.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of SRE/DevOps experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 3+ years software development experience and proficiency in Ruby on Rails with hands-on experience debugging and optimizing code in a production environment.
- 3+ years of experience with developer tools, including source code management, CI/CD pipelines, and automation with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc).
- 3+ years of experience with Linux server and container-based infrastructure.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS. Experience with other clouds is a plus.
- 3+ years experience with commercial or open-source infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Kubernetes, relational and non-relational databases.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote