Sales Development Representative
We are reinventing global trade.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Sales Development Representative to join our growing Scandinavian sales team, especially in Sweden.
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport
- Work with marketing and account executives in to identify and prioritise strategic opportunities in your market segment
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to help develop business opportunities with account executives
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups
- Shadow Account Executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Flexport sales team
You should have:
- Successfully completed commercial apprenticeship, Bachelors degree or comparable
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success or Consulting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexports value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
- Fully fluent in English and Swedish.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Join us to solve real-world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfil our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote