Group Product Manager
Build the products to help Flexport grow
This is an exciting opportunity for a Group Product Manager to lead a product team and help drive the vision, roadmap, and execution for our global trade and freight forwarding product suite, one of the company’s largest revenue generators. This team’s mission is to make shipping freight as easy, seamless, and reliable as possible. In this role, you will launch products that differentiate Flexport’s global trade and freight products, increase customer satisfaction, and enable scaling the business while continuing to drive down costs. This position is based in either Shenzhen or Shanghai, China.
Come help us disrupt global trade!
- Define the 3-year and 1-year vision for the global trade and freight forwarding technology product
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, Data Science, Engineering, and UX teams to develop the roadmap and execute on it
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, product managers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, and apply insights to shape the product roadmap and help Flexport differentiate its products
- Help set Flexport’s 3-5 year global trade and freight forwarding strategy and how we will get there
You should have:
- 10+ years product management experience, and have launched compelling products that deliver impact at scale
- A track record of delivering results
- A proven ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- You have experience recruiting and developing strong product management teams
- You are technically competent - you can discuss APIs and services with engineers (but you don’t need to be able to write code)
- You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product vision, roadmap, and requirements documents, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes
- You can speak and write in English as a working language
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
In February 2022, we raised a $935 million Series E funding round led by Andreessen Horowitz and MSD Partners, with participation from new investor Shopify, as well as existing partners. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions, and people.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easy for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote