Business Development Associate
Help win new business
Are you a driven and ambitious business development professional looking to make a real impact in the cargo insurance and logistics industry? Flexport’s Insurance Team is seeking a talented individual to join our team and help us identify and pursue new business opportunities. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and be at the forefront of the industry. If you're excited to be part of a fast-paced startup culture and contribute to the growth and success of our company, we encourage you to apply to join our team today!
The Business Development Associate (BDA) will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities for our team. They will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to create and implement strategies to grow our customer base and revenue.
- Research and identify potential clients to position our cargo insurance offerings
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers at target companies
- Collaborate with sales teams to create and present customized proposals to clients
- Assist in the creation and execution of marketing campaigns to drive leads and sales
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and changes, and identify new opportunities for growth
- Monitor and report on the success of business development efforts and adjust strategies as needed
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in business development or sales, preferably in the cargo insurance or logistics industry
- Must have Property and Casualty License (P&C License)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive, proactive attitude and strong work ethic.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote