Engineering Manager, Demand
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged. Our mission is to make Global Trade easy for everyone.
We seek to hire an experienced engineering leader to build and grow the brand new Demand Engineering team, which seeks to drive growth and innovation in our company's sales and marketing efforts! Part of the Demand and Commercial BU, the Demand Engineering team’s mission is to revolutionize the way we attract and onboard new customers!
Your goal as a leader will be to create a best in class engineering team that directly contributes to Flexport’s growth by partnering with Sales and Marketing teams and driving innovation in various aspects of customer acquisition, targeted outreach, onboarding simplification and technology capability demonstration.
Your team will also work directly with end customers, helping them realize automation goals by integrating the Flexport platform with their supply chain systems. In some cases, your team will also be called upon to work with strategic customers or technology partners to co-build exciting new capabilities, helping unlock new business and help Flexport penetrate new markets.
We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As a leader in our company, you should be comfortable with uncertainty and able to lead your team through it, with clarity and confidence. The ideal candidate should have experience navigating complex challenges and adapting to changing priorities, while ensuring their team remains focused and aligned with the company's goals.
- Build and manage a high-performance engineering team from scratch that can deliver on complex, mission-critical projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement innovative solutions that meet business needs and improve customer experience.
- Build tech capabilities that help our Sales teams demonstrate Flexport platform capabilities end to end across different industries and use cases.
- Drive technical improvements and automation in our customers onboarding journey, accelerating their path to be able to start leveraging Flexport’s various services.
- Build the most valuable Account and Contact database of companies engaged in global trade and improve the accuracy of "account score" and "account temperature" models to drive targeted and efficient sales and marketing motions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the integration engineering team that helps customers connect the Flexport platform within their end to end supply chain technology ecosystem.
- Work alongside strategic customers or technology partners to co-build exciting new capabilities, helping unlock new business and help Flexport penetrate new markets.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience building software and web applications.
- At least 3 years of management experience, managing and scaling both frontend and backend engineering teams.
- Strong understanding of software development, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to lead and mentor technical teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders, which is critical in this role, working with Sales, Marketing and End user business & technology stakeholders.
- Experience leading large customer-facing initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Desired technical exposure: Rest APIs, GraphQL, GRPC, React
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Management
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote
- United States
More About Flexport