November 15, 2023
Effortlessly Manage Your Entire Ocean Freight Network With Flexport Booking Management
In an effort to mitigate risk and take advantage of reduced shipping rates, importers are increasing their carrier-direct and NVO partnerships. But multiplying contract volumes and supplier bookings within a traditional logistics management view presents a myriad of limitations and manual constraints, including:
- Untimely and unreliable order, booking, and shipment insights
- An inability to track booking changes or proactively flag and mitigate exceptions
- A lack of access to reliable metrics
- Costly and unreliable manual workflows
- Reduced accuracy of supply chain information leading to excess inventory levels and/or lost sales
If any of this is familiar to your business, you’re not alone.
Every business importing goods via ocean freight dreams of managing bookings and checking order statuses across their end-to-end supply chain all in one place without having to compromise their time or operational infrastructure. Flexport’s platform seamlessly bridges the gap from upstream origin execution through shipment in-transit visibility.
To help you streamline your operations, elevate your visibility, and track and optimize performance, we revamped our Booking Management technology.
With Flexport Booking Management, you get:
- Vendor booking visibility
- Allocation management
- Centralized visibility
- Local expertise and a single point of contact
…all on a single, intuitive interface. We manage carrier-direct and NVO ocean contracts, book shipments on your behalf, and provide shipment tracking from point A to point B. Plus, access to reporting on contract allocation utilization and carrier booking performance so you can focus on strategic business developments.
Streamline and Simplify Your Ocean Freight Operations
Simplifying ocean freight and scaling ocean freight shouldn’t be mutually exclusive goals. Usually, it's simplification that makes scale possible. The less you have to worry about managing your supplier and carrier partnerships, the more you can expand your ocean network and fuel business growth.
That's why we built our Booking Management technology with visibility in mind so you can:
- Seamlessly handle bookings across diverse ocean providers through our user-friendly interface
- Centralize all bookings in one convenient hub, ensuring operational smoothness and timely execution
- Set allocation parameters based on routing and volume to manage and optimize contract compliance
Complex carrier-direct and NVO ocean contracts have the potential to either negatively impact your bottom line or fuel your growth. For many importers we’ve worked with, going from pricey, opaque, data-less ocean freight bookings to a centralized view managed by a single point of contact makes sense as part of any effort to streamline and simplify your operations.
Elevate Your Supply Chain Visibility
Upstream visibility and execution are critical to ensure ocean freight bookings meet timely delivery at their end destination. Flexport’s Booking Management offering enables importers to drill down into supplier and carrier-specific workflows while simultaneously running detailed reporting across an end-to-end supply chain.
By seamlessly integrating booking data from ocean carriers, you’re able to liberate your teams from time-consuming tasks to focus on managing vital exceptions.
Unlike other visibility services, Flexport incorporates human-in-the-loop validation, stepping beyond unreliable data repositories for a real-time insights system of high integrity.
Track and Optimize Booking Performance
Say farewell to cumbersome and outdated processes for container updates. Obtain insights on every booking milestone to structure your day around highlighted exceptions effectively.
Assess essential metrics like MQC utilization, and carrier booking performance to prioritize what truly matters to your business.
Optimize Your Logistics Strategy With Flexport Booking Management
With Flexport Booking Management, you reap the benefits of a centralized data repository so that you can streamline your operations, elevate your visibility, and track and optimize performance. Here’s how it works:
- Suppliers place bookings via the Flexport booking app.
- Our team manages the carrier booking process in line with your allocation strategy.
- Our team communicates between suppliers, carriers, and you.
- Our team conducts regular monitoring of volume attainment versus carrier Minimum Quantity Commitments (MQCs) to ensure carriers are held accountable.
- You get access to shipment highlights, key milestones, and automated reporting in a single platform view.
Are you ready to build the future of supply chain and logistics together? Learn more about Flexport Booking Management and book a product demonstration here.
Everything You Need to Know About Outsourcing Fulfillment, Part 3
How Flexport Customers Shaped Our All-in-One, End-to-End Supply Chain Solution
SEPTEMBER 21, 2023
Trade Credit Insurance: Protect Your Cash Flow With Flexport Insurance Solutions’ Newest Offering