Harmonized System Code (HS) Lookup & Finder
Your HS codes determine your compliance, your admissibility, and which supply chain advantages you can capture. See how precision classification can protect your finances and unlock greater strategy.
U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Pig fat or poultry fat, of heading 0209;
- (b) Cocoa butter, fat or oil (heading 1804);
- (c) Edible preparations containing by weight more than 15 percent of the products of heading 0405 (generally chapter 21);
- (d) Greaves (heading 2301) or residues of headings 2304 to 2306;
- (e) Fatty acids, prepared waxes, medicaments, paints, varnishes, soap, perfumery, cosmetic or toilet preparations, sulfonated oils or other goods of section VI; or
- (f) Factice derived from oils (heading 4002).
- 2. Heading 1509 does not apply to oils obtained from olives by solvent extraction (heading 1510).
- 3. Heading 1518 does not cover fats or oils or their fractions, merely denatured, which are to be classified in the heading appropriate to the corresponding undenatured fats and oils and their fractions.
- 4. Soap-stocks, oil foots and dregs, stearin pitch, glycerol pitch and wool grease residues fall in heading 1522.
- 1. For the purposes of subheading 1509.30, virgin olive oil has a free acidity expressed as oleic acid not exceeding 2.0 g/100 g and can be distinguished from the other virgin olive oil categories according to the characteristics indicated in the Codex Alimentarius Standard 33-1981.
- 2. For the purposes of subheadings 1514.11 and 1514.19, the expression “low erucic acid rape or colza oil” means the fixed oil which has an erucic acid content of less than 2 percent by weight.
- 1. Products of American fisheries are provided for in chapter 98.
- 1. The unit of quantity “kg cmsc” (kilograms cows’ milk solids content) includes all cows milk components other than water.
- 2. For a list of approved standards for "Certified organic", see General Statistical Note 6.
Apply For Trade Finance Now
Your faster, easier application process starts right now.