Harmonized System Code (HS) Lookup & Finder
Your HS codes determine your compliance, your admissibility, and which supply chain advantages you can capture. See how precision classification can protect your finances and unlock greater strategy.
U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- 1. This chapter does not cover railway or tramway rolling stock designed solely for running on rails.
- 2. For the purposes of this chapter, "tractors" means vehicles constructed essentially for hauling or pushing another vehicle, appliance or load, whether or not they contain subsidiary provision for the transport, in connection with the main use of the tractor, of tools, seeds, fertilizers or other goods. Machines and working tools designed for fitting to tractors of heading 8701 as interchangeable equipment remain classified in their respective headings even if presented with the tractor, and whether or not mounted on it.
- 3. Motor chassis fitted with cabs fall in headings 8702 to 8704, and not in heading 8706.
- 4. Heading 8712 includes all children's bicycles. Other children's cycles fall in heading 9503.
- 1. Subheading 8708.22.00 covers:
- (a) front windscreens (windshields), rear windows and other windows, framed; and
- (b) front windscreens (windshields), rear windows and other windows, whether or not framed, incorporating heating devices or other electrical or electronic devices, when suitable for use solely or principally with the motor vehicles of headings 8701 to 8705.
- 1. Road tractors, trailers and semi-trailers remain separately classified in headings 8701 and 8716, respectively, even when entered together.
- 2. For the purposes of classifying bicycles under the provisions therefore in heading 8712, the diameter of each wheel is the diameter measured to the outer circumference of the tire which is mounted thereon or, if none is mounted thereon, of the usual tire for such wheel.
Apply For Trade Finance Now
Your faster, easier application process starts right now.