Skip to content
O My Bag header
Back to Customers

Consumer Goods

O My Bag Changes the World One Bag at a Time with


reduction in carbon footprint in 2021


of carbon emissions were offset with


of carbon emissions were inset with GoodShipping

O My Bag is a company with a purpose. Not only do they produce top-quality and unique products from their production base in India, they also work with sustainable materials, ensure ethical production conditions, pay living wages, and provide jobs for women in the community who might otherwise not be able to find work. Beyond these initiatives, O My Bag demonstrates their commitment to their suppliers by investing 1% of their annual revenue back into the communities surrounding their Kolkata production facility.

O My Bag’s sustainability manager Femke Lotgerink shared that they were primarily concerned with the emissions caused by shipping their bags from India to their warehouse in the Netherlands, not to mention from Europe to customers all around the world.“Flexport has been quite helpful in helping us gain insights into our exact emissions, so we could start doing something about offsetting them,” says Femke. “Seeing the difference between the footprints of our air and ocean shipping, for example, helps us adjust our timing so we can take advantage of the lower footprint left by ocean freight without running low on inventory.”

O My Bag also partnered with Good Shipping, a company that provides carbon insetting, to replace the fuel used for their container vessels with biofuels, further reducing their carbon impact and bringing their shipping to carbon-neutral status. This conscious effort has enabled O My Bag to reduce their carbon footprint an impressive 18% over the course of 2021. They then offset 45% of their emissions via the Good Shipping program, and the other 55% through certified projects via

Get Started With Flexport Now

More on Sustainability from Flexport


Proudly Protecting Forests with Carbon Offset Partner Pachama

Pachama measures the carbon stored in our forests and monitors forest growth over time.


How Klean Kanteen Saves 8 Hours a Week with Flexport

Logistics managers at this sustainable brand drastically cut back on manual reporting.

Product News

View Your CO2 Emission Analytics on the Flexport Platform

See emissions, offsets, and reduction efforts across all shipments in a single place.