Ready to Get Started?
Flexport makes shipping your cargo transparent, reliable, and affordable
Starting or scaling a business is a difficult and time-consuming process. This is just one reason why Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. This short guide answers the most frequently asked questions we receive from new and ramping shippers.
Finding a Freight Forwarder, NVOCC, or Customs Broker
Unfortunately, Flexport can’t service every upcoming shipment. This is usually due to the origin or destination country, unserviceable commodities, or temporary capacity constraints. However, you can find links to directories of alternative freight forwarders or customs brokers below.
The Federal Maritime Commission provides an extensive directory of licensed or registered ocean freight forwarders and non-vessel operating common carriers (NVOCCs). Like Flexport, they can help ship your freight internationally. We recommend searching these directories to find a company that can help you with your upcoming shipment.
If you are looking for assistance with customs brokerage services that we are unable to provide, the best place to continue your search is the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association (NCBFAA). The NCBFAA lists hundreds of customs brokers with location and contact information.
Other Help Articles/Resources for Getting Started
- FCL vs LCL vs Air
- Preparing your package:
- Label everything:
- Complete a bill of lading:
- Incoterms guide:
- FDA questions, know your product: FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Customs / Quotes
- Find customs tips on your product:
- Customs duty costs
- Know your codes
- Your product needs to be examined:
- Wondering what your duties are?
- Customs import requirements
Amazon FBA Questions
- Shipment plans:
- Labeling (Have supplier label at origin):
- Delivery Method (LTL vs SPD) and how long will it take:
- What is the timeline of an Amazon shipment from destination?
- Delivering Amazon FCL vs LTL:
- Wondering about pallet specifications:
- You’ve got questions: